Odin and Fenrir by ~Dreoilin
1. Allow all current content to remain without exception.
2. Establish a ratings system that is nuanced enough to separate hard-core porn from full-frontal eroticism from nude-no-genitals etc.
3. Establish a categorization system based on content such as cute baby pics, illustration art, landscape pics etc.
4. Require all blogs to choose a rating and adhere to its constraints. Allow all blogs to chooses categories as applicable as the blogger sees fit.
5. Allow advertisers to pick the categories and ratings they wish their ads to appear in.
6. Share advertising revenue with the bloggers. For example, when an ad is clicked the blog in which the ad appeared is awarded revenue.
This would have the effect of
A. Allowing bloggers to continue to post whatever they want.
B. Allow advertisers to decide the type of content they want to accompany their ads.
C. Provide a platform from which a wide range of advertisers can promote their stuff.
D. Allow Yahoo to develop a small army of bloggers who are working to increase their own and by default Yahoo’s revenue by providing content that attracts viewers.
But then, when was the last time Yahoo was smart?
Happy Birthday, N.C. Wyeth
“And so she went with the wind roaring and yelling, that it seemed all the water brent after her…”
William Russell Flint illustration for La Morte D’ Arthur